Saturday 1 March 2014

Lift off

As I packed the car I wondered how much stuff I needed for my launch. Unpacking the car was
Let the fun begin
frantic as we were in an unloading bay but my husband helped. Mr Pye helped me put up a display in the window and on the table he had reserved for me and put my pictures on display behind me.
the atmosphere was bustling as there is a coffee shop in the front of the book shop so there was happy chatter all around.

My husband burst through the door and took photos of me the shop and my books then disappeared leaving me to my fate.
My first sale was to a cheery stranger before I had time to wonder if anyone would arrive.
It was lovely to see a smiling face as my friend Pauline came through the door. the morning passed swiftly as more friends arrived.

Beautiful Facade
My host made me feel relaxed and provided me with coffee, very welcome and so different from a friends book signing that l attended recently. He had been stuffed away in the furthest corner hidden from passing eyes while I had a lovely view of the sunny street.
More friends arrived and had coffee with me and chatted as I signed their books, but a husband got lost in the bookshelves and refused to come out without a couple of purchases, as the bookshop has a big section on Railways.
Time for coffee
One lady told me she recognised me from the newspaper article so I really was famous for a week.
As the shop grew quieter I relaxed writing this blog while the bookshop owner washed his windows.

All in all it was an interesting experience and I was relieved to find I didn't feel like a monkey in the zoo. Will I go back? Of course! I've made a new friend and found the perfect venue to launch Lottie Lurcher on the Lee, the tale of a narrow dog on a narrow boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment