Wednesday 13 February 2013


                                  


  I was challenged to write a story in exactly 100 words. This is the result.


Dead scared

 

Celia froze as the bullying girls approached. She slid into the cemetery. They followed. Had she been spotted?

“I’m not scared!” boasted Fran.

“Wait until nightfall!” Julia teased.

Slowly the sky darkened and a chill descended. Celia remained hidden.

“I’m going,” whimpered Fran her teeth chattering.

“Bye!” sneered Julia. “I’m staying all night!”

Celia drifted forwards and brushed her icy fingers across Julia’s forehead.

“Aaaagh!” Julia shrieked, grabbing a tombstone. A shaft of moonlight illuminated Celia. Julia panicked and raced towards safety but slipped and fell headlong into a newly dug grave.

“Welcome to my world,” whispered Celia.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment